THE LATEST REPORT: Weekly replace: variety of infections within the Netherlands dropped, however curfew prolonged
This web page is up to date each Tuesday as official figures are launched from the Dutch well being authority (RIVM).
Present figures COVID-19: February 3 – February 9, 2021
Complete confirmed circumstances of coronavirus to this point:
(+24,668 in final week)
Complete deaths within the Netherlands to this point
(+408 in final week)
Hospitalisations to this point
(+1,096 in final week)
Final up to date: 15:08, February 9, 2021.
Observe: Every Tuesday, the numbers for the previous week change into correct. Often, Tuesdays have the very best numbers of the week due to this. Weekends and public holidays can all trigger delays in testing information.
What nationwide measures are presently in place?
On Monday, December 14, 2020, Prime Minister Mark Rutte addressed the nation to introduced that the Netherlands will go into a tough lockdown. On February 2, this was prolonged till not less than March 2.
On January 20, Rutte took the stage once more to announce stricter measures for the lockdown interval. Group gatherings have been decreased once more and a few main journey bans had been put in place.
Present measures in impact
- Major faculties and daycare will stay closed till February 8. After this date, they may reopen with strict measures in place to scale back the possibility of an infection.
- Secondary faculties will stay closed till not less than the start of March and revert again to on-line training as a lot as potential. A number of exceptions will apply, comparable to when present process exams.
- All non-essential shops will stay closed till February 8. This implies all outfitters, speciality outlets, and backyard centres, for instance. Important shops which will stay open embrace supermarkets and different meals outlets, banks, and pharmacies. After February 8, outlets might open for click on and acquire solely. Prospects can solely order on-line and store doorways should be left ajar.
- Contact professions should additionally take a hiatus. This contains intercourse employees, hairdressers, tattoo artists, and so forth. Medical professionals comparable to dentists and dermatologists might proceed to work.
3. Public places
- So-called “switch places,” should shut. These embrace public areas comparable to theatres, museums, zoos, and amusement parks.
- Accommodations stay open, though they could now not serve meals and drinks to their visitors. Libraries may stay open however just for trying out and returning books.
4. Teams of individuals
- The utmost variety of guests within the house is one per day.
- Exterior, the utmost group measurement has been decreased from 4 to two folks.
- The variety of folks allowed to attend a funeral can be decreased from 100 to 50, efficient from January 25, 2021.
5. Sports activities and out of doors actions
- Gyms, saunas, and swimming swimming pools will shut. You should still go exterior for contemporary air and train. Any out of doors actions ought to be carried out solo as a lot as potential.
- Don’t journey overseas until completely needed. Home journey remains to be potential for individuals who want to go to a cabin or bungalow, offered the identical measures apply as within the dwelling.
- Travellers from exterior the EU are required to indicate a adverse take a look at outcome and signed assertion. This takes impact from 6 PM on Tuesday, December 15. The requirement doesn’t apply to Dutch and EU residents and their members of the family who come from exterior the EU.
- All flights from the UK, South Africa and South America can be banned from January 23, 2021. This excludes medical journey, repatriating Dutch residents, and cargo.
7. Work at home
- The cupboard has reiterated very agency recommendation to “make money working from home always.”
- A curfew of 9 PM to 4:30 AM was implement from January 23 it’s anticipated to finish on February 10 however there may be nonetheless an opportunity will probably be prolonged.
- These exempt from the curfew are important employees, medical emergencies, these attending funerals, folks sitting exams, needed journey overseas, strolling your pet, and in case of a private catastrophe.
- You’ll need to hold a signed letter out of your employer/examiner and so forth to show that your causes for breaking the curfew are legitimate.
One week earlier than the measures are set to run out, the cupboard will announce how they intend to maneuver ahead.
Under are the usual measures which are moreover in impact:
- After 8 PM, alcohol and weed can be banned from consumption in public areas.
- Newbie contact sports activities are now not allowed. This is applicable to these above the age of 18. Nonetheless, skilled sports activities are nonetheless allowed as long as there is no such thing as a viewers.
- Occasions are banned, from festivals to neighbourhood barbeques.
- There can be particular grocery purchasing hours for susceptible folks. The place 1.5 meters will not be potential and corona measures aren’t adopted, shops may be closed. Solely buy groceries when needed.
- Face masks are to be worn by everybody above the age of 13 in public sectors. That is legally enforced as of December 1. Those that fail to put on a masks inside public areas can be fined €95 however it is not going to have an effect on their legal report.
The federal government has listed some minor exceptions to the principles.
- Along with the nationwide measures in place, municipalities may implement their very own measures. For instance, Amsterdam has requested that folks solely come to the capital in the event that they completely should — not for a day journey.
Threat Degree System
The federal government has created a four-level danger evaluation for measures in several elements of the Netherlands.
- Degree One — Vigilant: topic to regular measures
- Degree Two — Worrying: infections are rising, worrying scenario with further regional measures that will assist to cease the unfold.
- Degree Three — Severe: Strict measures to guard susceptible folks and handle the healthcare system.
- Degree 4 — Very Severe: A really massive variety of persons are infectious, requiring extra extreme nationwide measures. The subsequent stage is a lockdown.
What ought to I do if I feel I’ve coronavirus?
In case you do have signs it is best to self-quarantine. When you have a fever or a cough, you and your housemates ought to keep dwelling for 72 hours after the signs have stopped. You also needs to get a coronavirus take a look at (see subsequent part).
Have groceries and different necessities delivered or dropped off by mates or household. When you have no selection however to go exterior with signs, put on a face masks so that you don’t danger infecting different folks.
The right way to get a coronavirus take a look at within the Netherlands
You may obtain a coronavirus take a look at if in case you have been in touch with anybody who has examined constructive or if in case you have any coronavirus symptom(s). First, it’s essential to name 0800-1202, or make an appointment on-line utilizing your DigiD. Then, if deemed needed, they may refer you to a testing centre. Some take a look at places are solely accessible by automotive.
You will need to keep at dwelling till it’s time to go to your appointment. You must carry your ID and affirmation of your appointment with you. A workers member will acquire a mucus pattern out of your throat and nostril utilizing a cotton swab. This may be uncomfortable, however shouldn’t harm. It usually takes as much as two days to get your outcomes.
READ MORE | Your prime 10 coronavirus testing questions within the Netherlands, answered
In case you take a look at constructive, the native well being centre will undertake supply and speak to tracing to determine anybody you’ll have been in touch with.
What can I do to scale back the unfold of coronavirus within the Netherlands?
It’s not simply as much as the federal government: all of us must do our share to gradual the unfold of coronavirus within the Netherlands. Listed below are some ideas for how one can assist out:
- obtain the CoronaMelder app to help in touch tracing.
- keep away from crowded areas,
- maintain a secure distance from different folks and when exterior,
- keep away from touching your face, particularly the T-area the place your nostril and eyes are.
- if coughing or sneezing, achieve this in your elbows,
- keep away from handshakes and kissing folks thrice on the cheeks.
Ought to I keep away from public transport within the Netherlands due to COVID-19?
Virologists recommend that you need to be further vigilant about taking public transport.
In case you actually must go someplace, then take public transport. Simply be sure you keep at a secure distance from different folks, that you don’t contact your face after touching objects exterior (comparable to handles within the tram), and that you just wash your arms with cleaning soap as quickly as you get again dwelling.
As of June 1, a face masks is obligatory on public transport. You may be fined €95 when you don’t put on one.
In case you’re in a danger group, don’t take public transport. And naturally, when you’re sick simply keep at dwelling.
I’m confused about coronavirus within the Netherlands, assist!
Whereas the coronavirus is one thing to be taken significantly, there may be additionally no must overreact, panic excessively or compulsively purchase bathroom paper.
Odds are that even when you do get the coronavirus, you’ll not die, nor will you will have a extreme type of it. So until you might be very previous or have already got harmful pre-existing situations, you’ll most likely not have a horrible case.
In actual fact, statistically, the vast majority of folks don’t want hospitalisation and totally get well. However, we’ve all skilled dangerous circumstances of tension earlier than, so we ready a pleasant little coronavirus anti-anxiety reality checklist to ease your nerves.
The place can I discover extra details about COVID-19 from the officers?
The official supply for data on coronavirus within the Netherlands is RIVM (Netherlands Nationwide Institute for Public Well being and the Atmosphere).
The freshest data may be discovered on the RIVM web site. This text can be consistently up to date with probably the most present data.
Comply with DutchReview on Fb for extra details about coronavirus within the Netherlands.
Characteristic Picture: DutchReview/Canva
The publish Coronavirus within the Netherlands: all that you must know [UPDATED] appeared first on DutchReview.